I am still keeping track of the 30 Day Blogging Challenge that I started on November 1. If you’d like to see the other posts so far, check out ‘Explain My Blog Name,’ ‘Share Twenty Things About Me,’ ‘My Favorite Quote,’ ‘Let’s Combine Some of It,’ and ‘What Are Five of My Current Goals.’
It’s now November 16… halfway through the month. I’m technically behind on the blogging challenge days, but that is deliberate so I can spend time on other writing, too. Here are some more fun thoughts from the Challenge. I have noticed that as I write from these ideas, that I am wanting to not only share my thoughts but to have a conversation with everyone about their thoughts, too.
***** I am an affiliate with several advertising groups . This allows me to earn a commission if you make any kind of purchase through the links I provide. There is no extra cost to you. *****
Prompt: What Do You Think is the Best Way to Travel?
I feel like the best way to travel is with an open mind. I’m sure that the prompt meant to ask what mode of transportation is the best, but I don’t have an opinion on that. I think all forms of transportation are great depending on several factors… is the trip all about the journey or all about the destination? Is it about the convenience or timing about getting from point A to Point B or is it for the purpose of exploring and/or visiting places/people/things along the route?
Travel also helps you see, firsthand, how INCREDIBLE our creation is and how important it is to live a life and advocate for choices that will help the beauty, the living beings, and the uniqueness of each, the small secret places and the large mountains, to heal and thrive.
Travel can be SO much fun, but also has the ability to mess up the status quo in our lives and to help us learn and grow.
Prompt: What are Ten of Your Favorite Foods?
This is a question that can send me down the rabbit hole. I truly don’t think I have a favorite food (or 10 favorites for that matter). I enjoy so many different types of foods and I especially love trying different foods.
- New foods…It seems like when I try a new recipe or order something new to me while eating out, there are parts of the taste I like or don’t like and some of them become my new favorite. Until the next new food comes along, that is. It prevents me from truly having a favorite food.
- Categories… Salty, sweet, savory, spicy, wet, dry, gooey, crunchy, soft, hot, cold – all of these groups of foods have their own 10 favorites in my heart.
- Courses… All of the usual courses of a meal have my own list of favorites. If you think about appetizers, drinks, main,
vegies, breads, desserts, (and while not technically a ‘course,’ snacks) and I had to list 10 favorites in each… we are looking at 70 different foods, give or take ten. LOL
Bottom line for this prompt — I don’t have ten favorite foods. For that matter, there are very few tastes that I don’t like.
Prompt: What is my Favorite Childhood Book?
I’m kind of skirting all of these prompts, but I don’t have a favorite childhood book. I don’t remember a favorite, anyway. I was a voracious reader growing up and I know I learned to read starting before Kindergarten. Mom read to us a lot when we were very young and I’m sure taught us along the way.
But I have now been raising children and grandchildren for more than 28 years, and I definitely have some likes and dislikes. Not that my opinions matter now, because each child has their own favorites and I will read them as many times as I am asked. Over and over again.
Prompt: What are Three of My Healthy Habits?
I don’t think I have healthy ‘habits.’ I try to live as healthy as I can within the realities of my life.
- I try to enjoy salty snacks, sweet snacks, and alcohol in moderation.
- I try to enjoy veggies and fruits and fresh water not in moderation.
- I don’t exercise enough… but I walk every day if I can.
- I get regular check-ups and all routine screenings and immunizations.
- Stress is probably my biggest challenge… the emotional, physical and mental energy that I must expend with a large family of children who
havelived through trauma is often hard and at times, brutal. Spirit care is my priority most days… friendships, extended family, naps (!!!!), hot baths, writing and a good cry now and then are all strategies thatkeep me feeling strong in this journey.
Prompt: What is My Favorite Movie?
Oh, no! Another ‘favorite’ question. It is not possible to pick one favorite movie! I draw the line at horror and gore (suspense is ok), but I enjoy so many different genres of movies, both classics
My movie choice tonight (which perhaps makes it today’s favorite) as I settle down on a quiet Saturday evening with a glass of wine is ———-